Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2001 ML320 and the keyfob wont work except for once after…

Customer Question
2001 ML320 and the...

2001 ML320 and the keyfob wont work except for once after re-synching

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

New battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your ML320 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Resynching using instructions

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Also one instruction saying to finish by hitting the trunk button

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/22/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Jim, ASE Certified Technician replied 5 months ago
Jim
Jim, ASE Certified Technician

Here is the procedure for resetting, let me no if this does not work.

Insert the ignition key with remote fob into the ignition switch and turn to position 2 (ignition on; minimum 2 seconds).

Remove key, press the lock button and hold depressed, while simultaneously pressing and releasing the unlock button 5 times within 5 seconds.

Wait two seconds, then press the lock or unlock button once and release. The remote keyless entry functions should now be synchronized.

it does not work except for once. If I go thru this which I did before I then can use the lock or the unlock once only and it works. This is what I referred to above as the re-syncing instructions. S this is not an answer that works
Jim
Jim
Jim, ASE Certified Technician