Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2009 C300. I am trying to fix it myself, I recently got the…

Hello good afternoon Mechanic's...

Hello good afternoon

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2009 C300

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your C300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am trying to fix it myself, I recently got the my head lamps replaced after a collison which damaged the old set However after replacing with new head lamps, They won't come on what can I do please?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That would be all for now

Hello
How long does this take?
12/22/2017
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hello Chad, how are you?

Hey how are you,I will try to help you with this issue

did the body shop scaned it for fault codes ?

did they check fuses

do you have test light to check if we have power to them ?

You need Star Mercedes scanner to retrieve fault codes from headlamps module to be accurate here ?

did they check the wiring harness in the front , how hard was the collision ?

did you try a simple master reset ?

lets start here and we go from there

Ok , I haven’t tried any of these yet

click on link to view pdf file hoe system works on this vehicle ?

do you have xenon lights

How do I perform a master reset please ?

location of control unit

this how you reset

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .the reason we do that is to take any residual power in the wiring harness to try to reset the modules ,and there will be no spark created touching them since we took battery power source out of the loop by taking both cables off

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 30 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables ,Positive cable First

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

give me more info, who did work , what scanners they have ,and what was checked ,what was replaced in collision repairs ,so i can help you and be as accurate as possible for you

Ok, errm the hood was replaced , then I did an upgrade of the lights and side mirrors to the 2012 C300. Nothing mechanical was replaced

what upgrade you mean by that ,different lights ,same plug in etc ?

was it after market ?

I mean I replaced the hood and lights with the 2012 headlamps, bumper and lights
I simply replaced damaged parts with the 2012 c300 modelHood
Bumper
Side mirrors
Rear lights
Head lamps
now the headlamps, signal lights and fog lamps won’t come on

ok got you

try the reset, if that does not work ,have it scanned with capable scanner, if the front sam module can not see the lights or have an issue they want come on .

check all fuses in case any blew on impact , that is much as you can do with out a scanner to read front sam module and we also the module under dash ,but if that was issue, there sam module will have fault registered for that ,to many parts involved here to guess at it or we end up guessing and throwing parts

if you get faults you can post them back here for me and i can help further and be accurate for you

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Chad Farhat
Thank you so much

Thank You For The Rating :)

IF you need my Assistance in The Future on a Different issue , Just start your Question with ( FOR CHAD FARHAT ONLY)

or Click on the link Below to Enter My Profile & Under My Picture Profile There is a Box That Says (Ask Your Question)

It will be Highlighted in Orange, Type your Question in The Box & It will be sent straight To Me to Assist you .

http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-chadfarhat/?rpt=3800

Hello
The car was scanned today, here is the fault scan

hi how are you

was driver door replaced or repaired , DDM ,driver door control unit

click on link to view tsb( technical service bulletin), i do not think this related to accident

the bulletin will show what to do next

No driver door wasn’t replaced or repaired
What about the other errors ?

that will cause all these errors you have ,the rest of the codes are what we call collateral codes cause by the ddm,

you trouble shoot that ,clear faults and rescan and see what comes back

Does this codes in anyway mean I’ll have to get a new SAM?
Basically yes or you have to start there , was this TSB performed on you car prior to crash
No sir, it’s was done after the crash

then i say do that and see what fault we have afterwards

Hello Chad
How are you today?

good how are you

I’m fine
I just had my engine washed and I noticed that the AC doesn’t blow cold air anymore, I need help with this
It’s a C300 2009 model
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat