Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I'm restarting this process, as I was not able to spend time…

Customer Question
I'm restarting this process...

I'm restarting this process, as I was not able to spend time on the issue before. Hi my name is ***** ***** I own a 2000 E430 with 160k miles.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your E430 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've had it in the shop, but am not satisfied with the resulting situation

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have High idle during morning starts that lasts about 30 seconds, and the cold start pump doesn't shut off. even after the car reaches full operating temperature. There are many things I can and will do myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Battery good, no corrosion

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mercedes
12/22/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician replied 6 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

i do need some more information

• i do need a vin #
  • is the check engine light on?
  • what repairs was done ?

thanks