Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

AC is not cooling on a 2001 E430. No error codes but

Customer Question
AC is not cooling...

AC is not cooling on a 2001 E430. No error codes but condenser fan is not working. No voltage on the pin connector by the high pressure port.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?

150000, yes, getting 171 and 174. reset and the evap fans started working getting 15 bar on refrigerant pressure from the climate control unit

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your E430 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, added some refrigerant but not sure what the max is

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mercedes
12/21/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 6 months ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Hi, my name is***** are your a/c system pressure with the temperature set to max cool and the fan on high speed?

Set temp to 72, ambient is around 80, blower was at max. Thank you.

I was asking about your low side and high side refrigerant pressure. Are you able to check the pressures?

No, just using the climate control read out. Set temp to LO and blower to max and got 17 on sensor #7. Do not have access to gauges.

What are you reading on #5?

1:82, #2:111,#3:71, #4:62, #5:76, #6:199, #7:17, #8:129.Thank you

I assume this test was done with the engine running, is that correct? If it was, crimp off the heater hoses at the heater valve and see what your temperatures do. It looks like you may have a leaking heater valve. Post the updated actual values with the heater hoses crimped.