Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Dead which battery do I charge? front or back how will it…

Customer Question
Dead which battery do...

Dead which battery do I charge? front or back how long will it take to recharge its been sitting for 3 months

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

Yes its been changed

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2003 sl500

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your SL500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

To charge rear battery which one is the proper one to charge I know one is for accessories and one for engine

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mercedes
12/21/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 7 months ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Hi, my name is***** batteries will need to be charged for all accessories to work but you should be able to start the car by jumping or charging the battery under the hood. The rear battery is for the accessories.

Let me know if you need anything else.