Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Key is not turning and seems to have zero power. Checked…

Customer Question
Key is not turning...

Key is not turning and seems to have zero power. Checked battery and it is reading good at 83%

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the battery look like it's leaking? And does it have a strong smell -- like sulfur?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '83 Mercedes?

It is a 2013 Mercedes Sprinter Van 2500

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sprinter yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just thought battery was dead because nothing happened when I inserted the key. Only thing so far is getting the battery checked. However, key will not even turn in the slot

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Key will not turn and no lights or anything comes on. Nothing else

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mercedes
12/21/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician replied 6 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

being that this is a sprinter you may have 2 batteries and the main battery is in the floor near the drivers seat . the rubber flooring may need to be removed to get to the battery .

just want to make sure that you checked that battery.

please do let me know!!

Thanks

Wolfgang