Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Command units resets every 2-3 minutes. 2021 s550. 2012

Customer Question
Command units resets every...

Command units resets every 2-3 minutes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2021 s550

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your S550?

2012 s550

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S550 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing I made an appointment with the dealer

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mercedes
12/21/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 7 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you,I will try to help you with this issue

I would check the battery for 12 volts and alternator for 14 volts when running ,

other then that You will need a factory scanner or equivalent to run a diagnostic scan & retrieve fault codes from the Vehicle modules and based on these fault codes we can pull up a Pin Point troubleshoot
and be accurate on it ,If you do get it scanned ,you can post the fault code back here for me and I can help you further on it and be more accurate .

now with that said the command units might need to be reprogrammed or replaced , i seen few cases for that as lon as the charging system is working correctly

Merry Christmas and happy new year

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat