Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I want to program an after market MB key fob as a backup to…

Customer Question
I want to program...

I want to program an after market MB key fob as a backup to the only key that I have

Mechanic's Assistant: Did the fob come with the vehicle, or did you buy a blank?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2009 ML320 BLUETEC

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No i have always taken the car to the dealer

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mercedes
12/21/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 6 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

the only key you can use is one ordered from the dealer per the vin,.

we cannot program used or aftermarket keys.

Please take a second and click the STARS at the top of the screen to rate my service 5 stars if you feel I have been helpful , rating is just as important to me as your issue is to you. Please request me in the future. Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Thanks for choosing just answer. Also , if you feel I deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks again ,
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Tech
Master ASE Certified Tech