Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2011 E350- Searching for the fuse number for the climate…

Customer Question
2011 E350- Searching for the...
2011 E350- Searching for the fuse number for the climate control
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mercedes
12/20/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Is this vehicle a coupe or sedan?

sedan

Thank you. Just a moment, please.

no thank you, ***** ***** the fuse number

The phone request is automated by the system. Here, is the information that you have requested. The fuse is located in the fuse box in the left fuse box in the engine compartment. Here, I am attaching the electrical diagram for the circuits with the fuse of concern highlighted. I am also attaching the fuse location information. The fuse is fuse #12, a 7.5amp fuse.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated and necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate, and I will still continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

I had no power to the climate control panel so I assumed it was the fuse but I replaced the #12 fuse with the 7.5amp fuse and no power.

Hello. My apologies for the delay. As soon as I get off and get home, I will check for probable causes to this issue.

The next step is to disconnect the climate control unit and test for power(red and gray wire) and ground(brown wire). Here I am attaching the removal information for this control unit in order to access the connectors. If you are getting power and ground, then the issue is going to be the control unit itself.

Mercedes Mechanic: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago

Just as a reminder, if you have found this information helpful, please, do not forget to rate the service, as it is necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thanks again.