Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Pete Please let me know if you can help me with one more…

Customer Question
Hi Pete Please let me know...
Hi Pete
Please let me know if you can help me with one more sprinter problem?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mercedes
sprinter 2007 3.0
2089-001 B60 Exhaust Back Pressure the signal voltage is too hight
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/20/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 8 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

either the sensor is defective or you have a clogged converter.

the code 2089-001 does not point to an electrical issue

hope this helps.

i would first change the sensor and then if the code resets you will need to replace the cat.

Lou

I would like to talk with ''Pete'' please
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 7 months ago
OK I can appreciate that I will opt out I just seen your question was sitting there and he had not picked up yet
Mercedes Mechanic: Pete, Mercedes Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Has anything been checked or tested for this code/issue here at all?

Let me know so we can continue, thanks, Pete.

Good morning so far on the plug of the back pressure checker the pin number one and number two I have no 5 volt power there that should be and I've check continuity on the wires to the plug of the ECU number one is okay number 3 is okay but number two no continuty
If I connect ground to number 2 between number 1 and number 2 I have 5 voltAny suggestions
Thank you
Vasilis

If you are testing at the exhaust back pressure sensor pin 1 is 5-volt feed from the computer.Pin 2 is a ground signal from the computer and pin 3 is the signal/feed back signal to the computer.You want to check resistance from each wire to the computer to make sure each wire is o.k.Test the pin 1, 5-volt signal at the sensor to the ground for resistance with the computer and sensor unplugged.Make sure it shows no signal to ground it should show an open circuit.

If this is all o.k. and you have no 5 volts at pin 1 with the key on or engine running then there is a fault in the computer itself not sending the 5-volt signal.Same with the ground.If there is no ground signal on pin 2 with the key on or engine running this can indicate the engine computer has a fault.If you have all of these signals here then the sensor most likely needs to be replaced.

I have to head out for about an hour but I will be back online soon if you need more info.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete