Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Helllo. 2000 ml320. Put it in park and have had to use over…

Customer Question
Helllo. 2000 ml320...

Helllo. 2000 ml320. Put it in park and have had to use over ride switch to drive it. It seems to go between regular shifting and limp -home mode. Not sure what to do next.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?

Stock tranny....no leakage.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your ML320 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am. Tried resetting by ignition switch to # 3 notch...gas pedal to floor yada yada had a shop dump the fix it codes. I keep getting a shift module problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

There Dosent seem to be anything wrong when I get it to show the gear selector it's just as smooth and right as it can be.i don't get it. And thank you.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mercedes
12/18/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 7 months ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Hi, my name is***** you scanned the ML for fault codes?