Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2004 ML 350. The owner found the second key/fob…

Customer Question
I have a 2004...

I have a 2004 ML 350. The owner found the second key/fob after several years. it will not work. OI have installed new batteries. I t still will not work. What next?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

I just installed new batteries.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '04 Mercedes?

ML 350.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

!. Using the fob as it was given to me. 2. Installing new batteries and trying it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mercedes
12/17/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Pete, Mercedes Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Does it start the vehicle but is not locking or unlocking the doors?

Let me know,thanks Pete.

That's correct.

O.k., on this model Mercedes the key and key signal will allow starting with no programming needed but the remote locking and unlocking have to be programmed by a dealer.Most likely it lost its programming and needs reprogrammed by either a dealer or shop that has a compatible scan tool to plug in and perform this reprogramming.This does have to be done with a higher end fully compatible scan tool or dealers SDS machine in order for the remote to be able to lock and unlock the doors.The process takes less than 15 minutes for them to do.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete