Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have 2 engine codes on my dash for a Mercedes 926 engine.

Customer Question
I have 2 engine...

I have 2 engine codes on my dash for a Mercedes 926 engine. ECU 128 SID 154 Fail 00 and the other one is ECU128 SID 154 Fail 14 could you tell me what they stand for. Thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

Yes I have reset it by shutting the bus off and than I'm good to go again. What do you mean exact code? It is ECU 128 SID 154 Fail 00 and the other one is ECU 128 SID 154 Fail 14

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '00 Mercedes?

The model is MBE 926 engine 2008

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am trying to figure it out so far I just shut it off and than I'm good to go again. the code only comes on when I'm going on a long distance trip. Short trips it never comes on. Last week I went 148 kms before it came on and than I shut it off and than went 170 KMS before it came on again.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It throws a check engine light and I loose my power but can keep running .

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mercedes
12/18/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Pete, Mercedes Mechanic replied 8 months ago
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

My info is exact in this model here but these look to be codes related to the EGR system.The EGR system needs to be checked/tested to locate the cause of this fault and then from there repaired to resolve this issue here.This is usually best done by a repair facility that has access to test equipment and diagrams for your model.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Thanks Pete . The vehicle is a 2008 Friethliner C2 school bus. I️ don’t know if that helps at all. Serial number is ***** Those are the last 8 digits. I hope this helps. Thanks for your help at least I know where to look.

Your welcome

Unfortunately, I am unable to look up any more info on this model here as it seems limited on my end here.But this sounds to be an EGR fault from what I see with this.I would have this checked into to see if the EGR itself needs to be replaced or any other issues with it.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete