Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I was attempting to change my oil in a Mercedes e350 and…

Customer Question
I was attempting to...

I was attempting to change my oil in a Mercedes e350 and using a oil extractor. The plastic tube that you put done the dip stick tube broke about 1/4 down the tube. I can see it. Any suggestion how I might get the broken off plastic tube out.

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your last oil change?

4 months ago

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your E350?

2012

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your E350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I was changing the oil my self

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mercedes
12/16/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 8 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Best way is to get a long pick tool, about 8 to 10" long with a 90 degree bent tip and use it to go into the dipstick tube and basically stab the tubing and pull it up and out. If the tip is too long to fit inside the tube, grind a little off the end and make sure the tip is sharp at the end to stab into the tubing.

Most hardware stores will have the pick tool.

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If not, at this time please RATE the answer.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.