Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I had a $16000 overall fix it type of thing done. 1999/230…

Customer Question
I had a $16000...

I had a $16000 overall fix it type of thing done .

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

1999/230 Slk.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I had a mechanic from Ultratune fix our car however I did not had any trouble to start the car. just got it back, now when I turn the ignition to start it it start but it shuts down.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

He installed a brand new battery & says everything is fine.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mercedes
12/16/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 7 months ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Hi, my name is***** the car starts but immediately stalls the problem will be with the anti-theft system. Possible causes are a bad key or a bad antenna ring around the ignition switch or a fault with the anti-theft control module. If you have a spare key you should try that first. Next step will be to get the car connected to the Mercedes tester to check for faults in the drive authorization system.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Marty