Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a CLK 500 convertible 2003 model glovebox does not…

Customer Question
Hi there I have...

Hi there I have a CLK 500 convertible 2003 model glovebox does not have a button you have to put your fingers up and squeeze button but it is not opening am I doing something wrong cheers

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I have just tried to open it gently but I do not want to break anything

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mercedes
12/16/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 8 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Good evening, I hope you are doing great. My name is***** would be happy to answer this for you.

These latch mechanisms are known for binding up and getting stuck, when this happens it can be kind of a pain to get it open. If you have tried opening it and the buttons will not give in, then the usual next step requires replacing the latch assembly. If it is locked up then the middle needs to be drilled out, after which the buttons will collapse and allow you to open it for replacement. Let me know if you have any further questions or need any part information :)