Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 1999 C280 right rear door won't open from the outside…

Customer Question
My 1999 C280 right...

My 1999 C280 right rear door won't open from the outside ...was intermitant ...I WD40'd it a few days ago and it came back...it is about 32' degrees out tonight .It locks and unlocks electronically ...any ideas?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?

As I sad,it happened the other day and I PUT WD40 on the door side latch...got it to work again.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your C280 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I bought this car in august ...had the MBZ dealer do an engine replacement (USED).i like the car ...everything works and it is well taken care of in general and I really like it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No , I just sort of thought it might be a lubrication or maintainance issue

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mercedes
Getting a little sleepy...can I get this tomorrow ? I need to wake up at 5:30 A.M.
12/15/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 8 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Hello my name is***** am going over your request now and will reply back soon with some info OR a few questions that would help me better determine how to help you. Keep in mind I have no idea of your technical ability or what you do and do not already know. So the more info you can tell me the better. I have been on the site for almost ten years and have oustanding 5 star ratings so trust that I will do everything I can to get you taken care of, Lou
What is the temperature like by you? If its really cold it could be the rubber seals sticking to the door frame which is very common. The only thing that would stop the dolr from opening from the outside handle would be if the door was not fully unlocking in which case can be a vacuum leak inside the door . Our locks are vacuum and pressure operated pods. I would suspect a leaky pod, cracked line, or binding linkage. Most likely the best bet is to have the door panel taken out, the linkage removed and then function tested to see if everything is moving smoothly . Hope this information helps , Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate my service so I may receive my credit for helping, 5 STARS is ideal. Please request me in the future! Keep in mind that when you rate it does NOT end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back, THANKS! Lou P Master Mercedes-Benz Tech Master ASE Certified
Of course if you need more follow up by all means simply reply back. Lou

Hello, I have not heard from you in a few days, please let me know if you still need more help or please kindly rate my service :)

please and thank you ,

Lou