Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Oil leak on my e320 diesel bluetec. repeated leak and have…

Customer Question
Oil leak on my...

Oil leak on my e320 diesel bluetec. repeated leak and have gone thru my second serpentine belt in the last three months. First one had a leaky pump that was replaced. Not sure about the second one yet. In the shop and may be blowback throug the turbos.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the gaskets? Maybe the hoses?

They are ok.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2008 with 285,000 miles

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Mercedes mechanic is on it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I heard that this is a major problem with this engine. I put 50,000 plus miles on it a year and bought it used with 195000 mi. on it in April 2015. No problems until the last few months.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mercedes
12/15/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 8 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Hello my name is***** am going over your request now and will reply back soon with some info OR a few questions that would help me better determine how to help you. Keep in mind I have no idea of your technical ability or what you do and do not already know. So the more info you can tell me the better. I have been on the site for almost ten years and have oustanding 5 star ratings so trust that I will do everything I can to get you taken care of, LouIf you can please post me your vin. Also what info are you looking for ? I resd your story but the assistance you need is not clear to me yet. Thanks, Lou

Hello I have not heard from you, are you still needing help?

Please let me know and I will do what I can to help.

Lou