Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2017 GLC 300. I had no sound and was told the

Customer Question
I have a 2017...

I have a 2017 GLC 300. I had no sound and was told the amplifier was bad. It was replaced. A month later, I had the same problem and they told me the amplifier went out again. This time they stated there was corrosion on it and it was caused by a spill. Nothing has been spilled there and I even have a cupped all weather Mercedes mat back there. They will not make it right and want me to spend $1100 to have it fixed. When I picked up the car, the wheel well on that side is wet. The other side is dry. Any suggestions as to what could be causing this?

Mechanic's Assistant: Besides this, what condition is the car in?

Perfect, no other issues. It only has 16000 miles.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 3500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, the dealer.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mercedes
Do you have any suggestions for an aftermarket amplifier?
12/14/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 7 months ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Hi, my name is***** you are sure nothing has spilled in the back I would suggest having the vehicle water tested for leakage in the rear. You can do this yourself at a self service car wash. Dry the area by the amplifier thoroughly and spray the outside of the car with the pressure washer. Especially focus on the door seals and tail lights and window areas. If there are signs of water intrusion in the rear after pressure washing I would get it back to the dealer to have them make it right. You cannot install an aftermarket amplifier in this car.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Hi, just checking in. Do you need any more help with this?