Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2007 SL550. When I press the SAT button on the

Customer Question
I have a 2007...

I have a 2007 SL550. When I press the SAT button on the Command system, it tells me there is no Satellite Radio. Does this mean that it is not available on my auto or that it simply has never been activated?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?

Original with the car.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your SL550 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, I's not a mechanic. I simply want to install Sirius. The AM/FM and cds play just fine.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mercedes
12/13/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 4 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am almost 100% positive yours came with the satellite receiver and antenna, but if you can post the 17 digit vin number, I can confirm this for you

WDBSK71F97F129164
I would think it did, otherwise why would the SAT screen even display. However, otherwise than displaying the above noted sentence, the unit fails to respond to any of the other buttons.

Sorry for the delay, my internet went out for a bit

Yes, yours came with satellite audio, including the receiver and antenna. You will just need to get a subscription to siriusxm and have it activated, which you can do thru sirius customer help as they will walk you thru activating it at your audio unit or take it in to your local MB dealer to have them activate if once you have your subscription

Sirius
Sirius wants my ESN/Radio ID. However, when I try to retrieve , the system will not respond to the protocol listed in the vehicle manual.

HI,

Ok, it doesnt always work, but activate the voice command with the button on the steering wheel and say SAT RADIO to bring up the display with the esn/radio id.

If that doesnt work, then it will need to be retrieved with mercedes scan tool

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If not, at this time please RATE the answer.

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Sorry for the delay, have been quite busy this week.
I finally got around to trying your suggestion. I alternated pressing each of the buttons on the steering when but was unable to activate any sort of voice command to respond with "SAT Radio". Is there some sequence I need to follow?
What is a "Mercedes scan tool"?

HI,

A Mercedes scan tool is the dealer level diagnostic scan tool that communicates with all modules and components.

The sequence is pushing the voice activation button and then just saying Sat Radio.

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager