Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

MY passenger side seat broke the drive rod from motor to the…

Customer Question
MY passenger side seat...

MY passenger side seat broke the drive rod from motor to the screw which moves the seat on inside. got motor out but not sure how to get new rod or repair.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

90000. auto

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2008 C300

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your C300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. took bottom of seat off and took motor out. found the drive pin broke off.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

What r the pins called and where do I get one or how can I fix..

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mercedes
12/13/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 8 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Hello my name is***** am going over your request now and will reply back soon with some info OR a few questions that would help me better determine how to help you. Keep in mind I have no idea of your technical ability or what you do and do not already know. So the more info you can tell me the better. I have been on the site for almost ten years and have oustanding 5 star ratings so trust that I will do everything I can to get you taken care of, Lou
If you can give me your vin and upload a picture of the part you are describing i can advise on the proper procedure to repair it. I am fairly certain i know what you are talking about but i would like to see it to be on the same page. Thanks, Lou