Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

I have a 2006 mercedes s430. new alternator, new battery and…

Customer Question
I have a 2006...

I have a 2006 mercedes s430. new alternator, new battery and fuses under passenger floor checked ok---still no charge

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the battery look like it's leaking? And does it have a strong smell -- like sulfur?

New battery!!! no leaks

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S430 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No it is in a local shop. they have checked all wireing etc.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats abou it

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mercedes
12/12/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician replied 2 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

I do need some more information

• vin # of the vehicle.
  • in the dash is there a red battery light message or a white one?
  • is this a dealer part installed or aftermarket?
  • did it come with the regulator or not?

thanks

WDBNF83J26A473262
RED (GO TO WORKSHOP) LIGHT
DEALER PART
WITH REGULATOR
Did you recieve my response?

i'm very sorry due to the nasty storms my electric went out so i could not respond

now we need to do a resistance chef of the single wire back of the alternator to make sure that the wire has no opens. Do you have a digital volt / ohm meter?

MB Paul
MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician