Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2008mar,s550 when you turn from air to heat does not come on…

Customer Question
2008mar,s550 when you turn from...
2008mar,s550 when you turn from air to heat does not come on but temperature hand works,no change over sound
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mercedes
12/11/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 7 months ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Hi, my name is***** sounds like you may have a fault with the heat exchanger shut off motor. It's a common cause of no heat on the S class. When the motor fails you will have no heat in the car. You should get the car connected to a Mercedes factory level scan tool to check for fault codes in the climate control system. The codes will point to the problem. The shut off motor is part number 230 830 00 84 and it retails for $60.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Where's the shut-off motor located

Hi, just checking in. Do you need any more help with this?