Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Pulled wiper away from windshield expecting snow. Now the…

Customer Question
Pulled wiper away from...

Pulled wiper away from windshield expecting snow. Now the wiper won't go back to normal position.l

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?

No problem with motor. Just can't put the wiper back against windshield.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

94 c220

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your C220 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Fixing by myself. One person online said to force it back but I am skeptical. It's supposedly a safety system so the wiper doesn't slam against the windshield without a wiper.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/11/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 4 months ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Hi, my name is***** wiper arm has a strong lock on it. You have to press harder than you think in order to unlock it and let it back down to the windshield. Put a towel on the windshield if it makes you nervous pushing the arm down then go ahead and push firmly and it will release.

Let me know how you make out.

My friend beat me to it. I went out and the car and it was already done. He said he used a screwdriver to release some kind of spring and it went down. Tomorrow he will show me how he did it.

No tools are needed. You just lift it up to lock it and push firmly down to release it. Glad you got it done!

My friend said he needed a screwdriver.
I’ve been repairing Mercedes for 40 years. No tools are needed.
Marty
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician