Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My wife opened the gas filler door on her 2014 E350 and it…

Customer Question
My wife opened the...

My wife opened the gas filler door on her 2014 E350 and it just fell off. Is it glued on or something?

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Normal

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your E350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Haven't tried anything yet but hoping to fix myself if possible. Thanks!

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is all.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mercedes
12/10/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Do you have pictires of the broken door and the gas fill area as well?