Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

After sitting in the desert for 20 yrs in an airport hanger…

Customer Question
After sitting in the...

After sitting in the desert for 20 yrs in an airport hanger upon starting the engine begins to warm up,theres trans fluid on the floor drivers side below steering wheel the engine begins to small backfiring smoke appears from the exhaust manifold it would appear to me the engine is sucking up trans fluid thru modulator?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mercedes
12/9/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Petrol_Pete, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Petrol_Pete
Petrol_Pete, ASE Certified Technician

Hi, I am Mike, welcome. I'm reviewing your question. Can you tell me the year, make, model, engine.

Remove the vacuum hose from the vacuum modulator located on the transmission and if there is transmission fluid in the end of the hose, then you are correct, the diaphragm of the modulator is busted.

Did that answer your question? If so, kindly leave me a positive rating, so I get credit. After all, you have already made the deposit.
If you don't, the deposit you made will just sit there and I won't get my share of it.

great job,Daniel

You are welcome, Don't forget to rate me well, so I get credit. If you don't, the deposit you made will just sit there and I won't get my share of it.