Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I can't get it ready for smog check. I've changed the sensor…

Customer Question
I can't get it...

I can't get it ready for smog check. I've changed the sensor already and the check engine light still turns on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Stay on. I then treated the gas with an additive to clean the tank and the light turned off so I took it back to the smog test and he said it was not ready

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2002 c230

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your C230 yourself? What have you tried so far?

A mechanic said it was a sensor that needed to be replaced which I did took it to 2 mechanics already

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mercedes
12/7/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 4 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, what they are referring to are the emissions monitors that show as either not ready/incomplete or as ready. You need them in the readiness state that requires performing a condition based drive cycle.

I have attached the drive cycle for you in pdf file format. You will need to do this to get all the monitors to set to ready state.

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If not, at this time please RATE the answer.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Unless you have a further question on this, at this time please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE 3 STARS OR HIGHER to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager