Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2012 ML 350. Lift gate doesn't open and close all…

Customer Question
I have a 2012...

I have a 2012 ML 350. Lift gate doesn't open and close all the way sometimes. It does always unlatch and pull all the way shut. Acts like weak cylinders.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '12 Mercedes?

ML 350 4matic

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes , nothing yet

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mercedes
12/6/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 7 months ago
Gunvir Singh

Hello, let me review you reequest. Please stand by.

Mercedes Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 7 months ago

Sorry about the wait. Since the liftgate opens and lifts that means the actuator and motor is working fine. More than likely the problem is leaking or worn out liftgate holding struts.

Mercedes Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 7 months ago

Do you have any other questions?

Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 7 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Hello you need to replace both lift struts. The lift strut on the passenger side is actually the actuator to raise and lower the hatch and the left side is a support. They were both updated since the originial ones were problematic so you need to replace them in pairs. Hope this information helps I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will continue to help if you need follow up information , all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may recieve my credit for assisting you. Thank you.
Mercedes Mechanic: nelson freitas,
 replied 7 months ago
nelson freitas

Do you still require assistance with your lift gate?