Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

1993 MB300SD alarm tripped and will not allow car to start…

Customer Question
1993 MB300SD alarm tripped...

1993 MB300SD alarm tripped and will not allow car to start ans horn blaring

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

The battery was charged and there is a jumper battery along side it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '93 Mercedes?

1993 SD

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am a retired mechanic , so I have been maintaining this car for 340000 miles...

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I cant think of anything

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mercedes
12/4/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 8 months ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Hi, my name is***** locking and unlocking the car with the remote or with the key in one of the lock cylinders to disable the alarm. All doors and the hood and trunk must be closed when doing this.

Let me know if it works.

Hi, just checking in. Did you get the alarm reset?