Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2004 c320 heater not working, cold air only. No have not…

Customer Question
2004 c320 heater not...

2004 c320 heater not working, cold air only

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?

No have not checked thermostat, we did replace a faulty water pump

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your C320 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not fixing myself, trying to figure out issues before bringing it for service ,dont want to have wrong diagnostics and charged $$

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The AC did work iin the summer and we just replaced the water pump last week but no heat , thermostat and heater control valve have not been replaced

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mercedes
12/4/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 8 months ago
Gunvir Singh

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by.

Mercedes Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 8 months ago

Was the heater working fine befoee water pump replacement?

No the heater was not working properly
It emits very faint warm air and if you put fan speed higher than 4 it starts to turn cold
Mercedes Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 8 months ago
Do the heater hoses near the firewall get hot when the vehicle reached operating temperature?
The hose gets luke warm, not hot
Mercedes Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 8 months ago
How old is your thermostat?