Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have 2003 merc sprinter have brake problem pedal almost to…

Customer Question
Hi I have...

Hi I have 2003 merc sprinter have brake problem pedal almost to floor sowhat I did diconnectwheel sensor bleed brakes and best brakes ever what is happening is when I connect abs to work it pumps air in right front wheel &pedal goes down to floor

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried cleaning and oiling the brake pedal's pivot under the dash?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sprinter yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I'm a mechanic I when to Mercedes mechanic nobody seems to know ihave 45years exper I started following tips ichange master cyl booster fluid ithought thefrt right caliper maybe sucking air changed it no matter same the abs module makes loud noise&immediately start pumping air

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Why is it pumping air in the system I had this truck for a year bough t it as it brakes were terrible then when I disconnect abs &bleed brakes brakes perfect it si affecting my gea litesr shifting engine lite on abs antiskid what I would like is engine lite off I don't care for abs

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mercedes
12/5/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

If the ABS system is truly causing air ingestion into the brake lines it will require replacement of the ABS hydraulic control unit.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.