Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

MB SLK 230 1998 WHEN IS C0ULD RUN PERFECT F0R AB0UT 3 05…

Customer Question
MB SLK 230 1998...
MB SLK 230 1998 WHEN IS C0ULD RUN PERFECT F0R AB0UT 3 05 MINUTESTHEN IT CAME T0 NEUTRA I TURN THE ENGINE 00F FR AFEW MINUTES AND WII RUN FOR LESS TIME WHEN THE TRASMMISION I0L GET H0T THE CAR D0NT M0VED
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mercedes
12/4/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Pete, Mercedes Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is the check engine or any other warning light coming on now with this fault and if so what is the code that is coming up with this issue here?

Let me know, thanks, Pete.

THE CODE #22200 ,THE READ #415 (SPEED SENSOR) THE ENGINE LIGHT IS ON THE TEMPETURE RADIATOR SENSOR IS BAD THE CONDUCTOR PLATE IS NEW AND THE PIN PLUG I RUN THE CAR ON LIMP HOME TOO LONG THE SELENOIDED ARE REPLACED. WHEN I CHECK THE OIL AND THE CAR IS HOT THRERE IS NOT HYDRULIC PRESURE IN THE SYSTEN

If you clear out the codes do they come right back again with this issue?

THE CAR WAS CHECK OUT FOR MB MECHANIC .HE FOUNT THE SPEED SENSOR PROBLEM.THERE IS NOT COMMUNICATION BEWTEEN THE ENGINE AND TRASMMISION

O.k., if there is no communication between the engine and transmission ecu/computers and with the issue, you have described here this can be due to a fault with the transmission computer itself needing replaced.I would have the wiring connections checked on the computer to see if any transmission fluid is found in the connections.If any fluid is found in the connections then the transmission computer needs replaced as well as the electrical connector on the transmission and the transmission harness disconnected and allowed to drain any fluid in it to resolve this fault.This was a common issue with the transmission connector would leak into the harness causing this fault.

Even if there is no fluid in the harness connections the transmission computer can fail on its own suddenly and causes this fault as well in allot of cases with the transmission computer needing replaced.

Make sure there is no wiring damage leading from the transmission as well as this can cause this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

WHEN I SAID NT COMMUNICATION THE SPEED SENSOR TRASMMISION TO ENGINE . THE WIRING COTNECTOR WAS CHANGE AND THE TRASMMISION COMPUTER. NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE WITH THE WIRE IN THE SYSTEN
WHEN I SAID NOT COMMUNICATION IT IS THE SPEED SENSOR (trasmmision to engine. THE WIRE COCTNETOR WAS CHANGE AND THE TRASMMISION COMPUTER. NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE T THE WIRE SYSTEN

O.k., so it is the speed sensor that is not communicating.

Since the conductor plate is new as well as the connector at the transmission and the transmission ECU the next thing to have checked is the wiring leading from the transmission to the transmission ECU itself to see if any wiring issues are found.The sensor should send a signal and have communication with all that has been replaced and done unless there is a wiring fault leading from the transmission to the transmission ECU itself.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?

Iremoved the front the eclosión trasmmision i. Will start yo those aire and ley you.know

O.k., make sure there are no wiring issues leading to the transmission or inside from the connection as this can cause this fault as well here.I have seen the actual valve body itself cause speed sensor codes as well and had learned once I replaced the conductor plate the code was still present I had to replace the valve body.

Thanks Pete