Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have 1990 sel mercedes w/over 250 thousand miles. the

Customer Question
miles indicator stop working now...
i have 1990 sel mercedes w/over 250 thousand miles. the miles indicator stop working now. is it worth fixing?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mercedes
12/3/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 7 months ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Hi, my name is***** will cost about $350 to have the instrument cluster removed and have the gears in the cluster replaced for the odometer. If you can remove the cluster yourself you can probably get the cluster repaired for around $175. It's up to you as to whether it's worth it or not. If you need to track your mileage for maintenance intervals it would be important to have the odometer working.

I see you opened a new question. Are you having trouble viewing this question?

Hi Ruby, just checking in. Did you receive my reply?