Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Will not start until it won't to. That's good. I went to…

Customer Question
Will not start until...

Will not start until it won't to

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Yes That's good . I went to Mercedes and Jackson Ms only have two Mechanic that can work on this carūüôÉ!i put a new alternator

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2001 S 430

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 430 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am! The auto parts store say the alternator was bad.when I turn key I get nothing then I have to turn key to on and engine fan run wide open after a min or two it will turn over then sometimes it start and other times it don't . Sometime it start and cut off other time it start but it won't go in gear and I have to cut it off and start over

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes and sometimes it take off slow

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 1 day by:
12/5/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 7 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Hello my name is***** am going over your request now and will reply back soon with some info OR a few questions that would help me better determine how to help you. Keep in mind I have no idea of your technical ability or what you do and do not already know. So the more info you can tell me the better. I have been on the site for almost ten years and have oustanding 5 star ratings so trust that I will do everything I can to get you taken care of, Lou
This issue sounds like a communication fault to me. All of your modules in the car talk to each other on the ‚Äúcan data bus‚ÄĚ and if there is a module fault or water in the car then the car can have all sorts of issues. When did this issue first start? Also when the car does not start have you noticed any other things in the car not working ?