Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Had my trasnmission fluid and filter changed at 40k mile…

Customer Question
Had my trasnmission fluid...

Had my trasnmission fluid and filter changed at 40k mile service and now it when accelerating feels like it won't accelerate and jerks into gear.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

It is a 2012 C63 AMG

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '12 Mercedes?

C63 AMG

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No it was at a service center.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, just wondering what may be wrong with it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mercedes
12/3/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 4 months ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Hi, my name is***** the transmission service was just performed I suspect they did not get the proper amount of fluid in the transmission. There is a strict procedure that needs to be followed when filling the transmission. If the shop did not get the proper fill in the transmission you could have these problems. It's also important that they used the correct fluid. I'd get it back to the shop to have the transmission fluid level checked.

Marty
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician