Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a Mercedes E550 2010 RWD M273 and I have a slight…

Customer Question
I have a Mercedes E550...
I have a Mercedes E550 2010 RWD M273 and I have a slight vibration while walking at low speeds and at low RPM when pressing the accelerator pedal gently shows this vibration and also feel that the car is moving slowly but when you exceed the RPM 2 the car returns naturally and goes vibration and slowness and when standing completely feel Vibrating Slightly like there is a problem in one of the Coil
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mercedes
12/2/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 8 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

hi can you please clarify what your question is about this? it isn't clear what you would like to know?

I have a slight vibration and slow during the average acceleration and when RPM is low but after bypassing RPM2 there is no problemAlso while parking the car and the engine works I feel like one of the coils does not work well

are any warning lights on?

There is an engine warning light but due to the lack of catalytic converters p0420 and p0430

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

it sounds like you have a problem with fuel mixture at low RPM.

if you only have those codes, you will need to have a real time diagnostic carried out where the engine management system can be monitored live to identify what reading or spec is out of alignment, leading to the issue.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

How do I diagnose a problem and solve it?
Only when you run the engine for the first time to warm up and go appear this problem and when the certificate of the appointment of holidays and operation again there is no problem and also during the process there is no such problem began to scare meSee for attached enclosures explaining to you the previous problem that occurred two weeks ago
The first time this problem occurred I changed the O2 sensor R & L front and now the code did not appear p0306 only appeared p0300 and p0307 !!!
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 8 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Hello my name is***** am going over your request now and will reply back soon with some info OR a few questions that would help me better determine how to help you. Keep in mind I have no idea of your technical ability or what you do and do not already know. So the more info you can tell me the better. I have been on the site for almost ten years and have oustanding 5 star ratings so trust that I will do everything I can to get you taken care of, Lou
For the misfire codes of 306 and 307 i would like you to swap the ignition coils to another cylinder . Like cylinder 1/2 and then see if the misfire codes switch. We would have to start there and work through the rest lf the codes.
I will swap the ignition coils but need you to locate coil 6 and 7

ok will do

If you replace the coil and it is back again, is this problem serious and difficult to find! And then what will we start?
Well dont replace the coil just swap it with the opposite side of the engine. Then if it makes a new code we know its the coil if not then we swap the spark plugs
Ignition plugs were all replaced with new original ones and the fule pump R & L and sensor crankshift
Doesnt matter. New does not mean good. So lets take it one step at a time, swap the coils, erase the codes and then drive until the light comes back on and we go from there.
Ok I will do so step by step

appreciate it, I know it will be a little delayed since we are doing this over the internet.

but we can get results.

have a good day/night :)

Lou

Suddenly what problem appeared? Please specify?
Ok but did you switch the coils yet?
I have not changed the coil yet but the code has not become p0307 now the code is different p0308!!
The first time I found the code p0306 p0307 and then found the code p0307 only and now found the code p0308 only what is the problem likely!

ok, so if you are getting misfires all on one side of the engine, and also cat converter codes, this can all be related.

did you have the catalytic converters removed or anything?

Catalytic converters have been removed for more than two years but sensors are still in place. Sensor o2 front L & R has been replaced and sensor o2 rear has not been replaced.!!

ok, the other issue you have is the other codes.

its possible the intake issue is causing a leak in the intake which is causing the misfires.

I can double check the codes later today when I am near my scan tool.

Is it possible to explain more !?
In addition, there is a very strong carbon wind that is unprecedented by the exhaust

gotcha, yes as soon as i get home I will run the other codes you have.

Okay I'm waiting for you
When the vehicle is turned off and the engine is working, I feel a vibration going back and there is a difference in one coil or a weakness in the spark going back at the same time,
Where are you, my friend !?
Sorry , was unable to get the codes checked last night my apologies. I will return to you later today. Again im sorry , lou
Okay I'm waiting for you
Ok i cannot pull those codes up in the mercedes system. I will not be able to help with this one my apologies. I will opt out in hopes someone can pick this up and help you out. Lou
Mercedes Mechanic: Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician replied 8 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

i do need some more info!!

• I do need the vin # of the vehicle to get the factory information to assist!!
  • the spark plugs , do you still have the old plugs where i can see how they are burning?
  • if you place the car in gear you press an hold the brake and then the gas does it shake and misfire?

thanks

Welcome to my friend ..
All you need I will help you solve this problem with someVin : WDD2120721A007764
The old spark plugs unfortunately I do not have
I have an OBD and a mobile application that I can get some sensor readingsif you place the car in gear you press an hold the brake and then the gas does it shake and misfire? Do not shake or make misfire
There is a Very simple shake

ok was a compression test done on all cylinders ?

a leak down test performed on all cylinders?

I do not have a device to test the cylinders!!How do I test leakage?I have an obd that works on the phone by an application that reads some of the sensors on the vehicle

go to this link to see how a compression test and leak down test is done and the tools needed to do this test.

I hope you put the link
Is there a solution other than testing the compression!?

i do believe you have a mechanical issue with the valves not sealing correctly. there is a technical bulletin for this misfire issue!!

It seems that the misfire is moving between the cylinder 6,7,8 but I do not know why
But what makes it so and the engine has not opened before !?
I looked at what I had to do!!

i wish there was an easier fix .

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

I HAVE DONE MY PART IN HELPING YOU AND I DO EXPECT THE SAME WITH A 5 STAR RATING!!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang

Frankly I did not understand anything I want explanation and clarification in order to understand what is the problem now!

what is happening is the valve guides are worn causing the valve not to seat properly which then does not seal the cylinder hence a misfire because of leakage

so that is why the cylinder compression test and the cylinder leakdown test.

Mercedes scan tool has a test where it tests the compression of the vehicle . its much more precise . a manual compression tester will show most of the same if there is a difference more than 10% then there is an issue .

then you take the leak down tester and then set the engine to each compression stroke where both valves are closed you inject air in the cylinder and if there is a leak it will show a percentage of leakage you have . anything over 10 % there is an issue and you can isolate if it is the valves or the piston rings.

The engine was installed on the headers sport short and also the cats were removed and replaced with a pipe. Is it possible that ECU needs a tuning upgrade?
Is it possible to o2 sensor rear if there is a bug in one of them doing such a problem!!!

the rear o2 sensors only monitor catalyst efficiency . even though you removed the cats it will not have any effect of running of the engine!!

No on the tuning upgrade!!

you have new spark plugs and you have moved coils but you still have issue on the 5-8 cylinder bank . it really sounds like a mechanical sealing issue!! hence that is why i have said to do a compression test cold and hot engine . then cylinder leakdown cold and hot.

can I do the pressure test of cylinders and engine installed on the vehicle and all the pieces installed on the engine without removing anything!?
The first time I found the code p0300 p0306 p0307 At the second time I found the code p0307 and in the last time I found the code p0308 !!

yes you can !! just remove all spark plugs and disconnect all coils and then use manual gauge!!

Ok do you have a video of this process to apply it !?
Does the engine hurt or not !?
I want to link this tool to buy it and test the compression of the cylinders !!

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/SuperCat/W251/MBZ_W251_TOLTOL_pg11.htm

that is the site to get both the compression tester and the leak down tester

http://www.pelicanparts.com/More_Info/TOLATD5573A.htm?pn=TOL-ATD-5573A&catalog_description=%32%20Gauge%20Cylinder%20Leakage%20Tester&SVSVSI=W251Is this the tool?
Does it fit my car?

that is one tool (that is the leak down tester)

also you need the compression tester which was below that other tester . you use this tester first then use the other tester to isolate where the leak is coming from and verify !!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00SKSAB8U?psc=1Is this a pressure tool!?
Is it suitable for my vehicle !?

no the other is better!!!

Ok I will buy it and then I will communicate with you to give you readings
Leakage Tester Is it necessary to buy this tool!?What is the most important measure of pressure or leakage?!

if the compression is low then use the leakage tester to see how much and isolate if the leak is the intake valve , exhaust valve or piston rings!!

Where do I find a suitable air compressor to test leakage?
Hi, my friend .. Is there a good diagnostic device at a low price that we can read the sensors and detect problems?

Your best bet is the MB xentry machine . look on ebay !! you will need a laptop and the cable(mux) assy!!

Is this device will enable me and you through which to solve these problems?

it will narrow it down and dealing with the factory machine to scan makes it easier to resolve. but still you still need the other 2 testers no matter what!!

for the leak down tester you do need a small 2 gallon pneumatic compressor to make the tool work!!

OkDo you have a good air compressor link to buy !?

your best bet is to try to find one local because you have different electric than the US.

I need some specifications to search for it!

https://www.cpooutlets.com/factory-reconditioned-dewalt-dwfp55126r-0-9-hp-6-gallon-oil-free-pancake-air-compressor/dewrdwfp55126r,default,pd.html?ref=pla&zmam=31282435&zmas=47&zmac=722&zmap=dewrdwfp55126r&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrtHixPz61wIVCAxpCh3l3ArAEAQYBSABEgKtqPD_BwE

this design is sufficient!! but you need to find for your voltage !!

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

Thanks

Wolfgang

Do not worry about the evaluationI am worried about this problem in my car and I want to solve it at the lowest cost and I am also puzzled because it is a few times a prisoner on the car and I do not find this problem for days only I feel a slight vibration during the stand or while the speed of low or low RPM and continue for days without the emergence of these problems and without misfire Most of the misfire appearance during engine startup to warm up!!

Well in my mind i have directed you in the way of diagnosis of this issue. since you replaced spark plugs and swap coils and you still have the misfire issue its leading to a mechanical issue .

I have changed the spark plugs, but I have not changed the coils, and is it possible that the new spark plugs are not good?Also, misfire moves between 6-8 only at the beginning of the 6 and 7 and then only 7 and then only 8 and when the error is reset the problem goes back and returns at an unexpected time while the engine is running and has no specific time and also while walking on the road there is no problem but There is a smell of burning!!

doubt it!! hence the pics i have sent earlier of the valves seats and with the valve guides worn will allow oil to run down the valve into the combustion chamber and then gets burned!!

but with the other person helping you he did tell you to swap the coils to see if the misfire moved .

i would tell you to swap left to right coils and see then if you get misfires from the other bank.

Do I transfer the coils and spark plugs to the other bank?Also where do I find the seat valves and how much is the price and how the method of installation!?

no just the coils.

you get a new head or have the head re- machined at a machine shop!! This part you cannot do professionals need to do this!!

Is it possible if there is a malfunction in the coil and only one makes such problems and moves between the cylinders!?

maybe ????

they look normal

That means that the cylinders are good enough!?

shows no abnormalities but still need to test to make sure

I will now move the coils to the other side and also I want to remove spark plugs and look at it and send its image to you!!

ok

See spark plugs for bank 2
665751D5-051A-4D3A-9EA4...jpeg665751...jpegE7FE15D1-0C5E-45C3-BE59...jpegE7FE15...jpegBDB59E2A-F121-4E81-9E6A...jpegBDB59E...jpeg656377A1-CB9F-4964-AA74...jpeg656377...jpeg1D83F497-7F57-453C-AD02...jpeg1D83F4...jpeg

leave the plugs where they were located and swap the coils from left to right

I want to ask you there is a difference between the old and new spark plugs!!The old ones were made in Germany and the new ones were manufactured in Japan and also the old Bosch and the new NGK R !!

the japan ones are the new ones to install!! ngk is ok

Is there a difference between them or are the same performance and the same components and numbers!!
NGK R( PLKR7A )
Bosch ( Y7MPP33 )

as i have said ngk is good!!!

If you clean old spark plugs and install them, is there a problem?

Please leave the NGK plugs in the car !!!

Swap the coils from left to right!!!

Ok

thanks

I moved the coil and cleaned the connections!!

clear the codes then road test and see if the codes jump to the other bank

I hope to look at these readings also I have a video for these readings but the site does not allow me to download them!!

did the misfire come back yet?

far, but during the idle there is some vibration as if there is a problem in the fuel injector! When I replaced the Fule Pump about a month and a half ago and then wanted to run the car a sudden misfire happened and then the car became since that there was a misfire coming and going intermittently but no longer was it possible that there was a problem in the fuel injector!

that is why the factory scan tool, the compression tester and the leak down tester is needed to narrow down your issue. I have never replaced an injector though