Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The orange engine symbol came on after filling with diesel.

Customer Question
The orange engine symbol...

The orange engine symbol came on after filling with diesel . A C250 CDi .

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?

2012 year with a service in July , 2017

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your C250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not at present .

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/2/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 7 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Hello my name is***** am going over your request now and will reply back soon with some info OR a few questions that would help me better determine how to help you. Keep in mind I have no idea of your technical ability or what you do and do not already know. So the more info you can tell me the better. I have been on the site for almost ten years and have oustanding 5 star ratings so trust that I will do everything I can to get you taken care of, Lou
First thing we would make sure to check is if the gas cap is installed or installed correctly. If it is then we need to get a scan tool to check fault codes . Do you have access to a scan tool? If not you can run by autozone and they can read the codes for you and you can let me know the codes and i can tell you what can be going on
Looking forward to your answer , Lou .
Looks like our last message may have overlapped, not sure if you can see it , maybe refresh your screen?