Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2007 GL450. The suspension pump runs a lot when…

Customer Question
I have a 2007 GL450...
I have a 2007 GL450. The suspension pump runs a lot when driving it not exactly sure what speed it kicks in but will run most of the time till I stop or nearly stopped. It did it right after I bought car and the compressor went bad. I then installed a new one and it seem to only kick in a little ( I guess if it needed a little air and assume it should?). After two months it started again and compressor went out. I bought another compress and it it pumps up but still kicks in and runs a lot while driving. The car holds it height very well (lost 1/8 inch in 24 hours without driving). When the compressor quit pumping the front end went down. I checked for leaks on the front at the top of struts removed the inner fenders and checked the front struts lines at compressor and distribution box found nothing. I have heard the distribution sometimes leaks within. Thanks for any help!
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mercedes
12/1/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 4 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you ,i will try to help with this issue

Doing good. I also have let the car set a week and it didn't appear to noticeably go down.

we have first a tsb on the compressor ,please read link

now we have a lot of possibilities here,i m afraid

ride height sensor ,suspension module,distribution box etc etc

if the leak is not visible then you need a Star Mercedes scanner to read that top module faults and based on these faults we can pull up a pin point trouble shoot and be accurate,with out that we end up throwing parts at it and not be accurate

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

You are very welcome :)

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Mercedes Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 3 months ago

Hey how are you

Just checking on you to see if you got the issue resolved or you like additional assistance on it ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat