Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a w211 wagon european spec and my doors lock and

Customer Question
I have a w211...

I have a w211 wagon european spec and my doors lock and unlock randomly, my dome lights flash, and I get a rear hatch open warning light.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the vehicle's manual for this?

Also my parking sensors are acting weird as well

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2009 e320 w2111

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your E320 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I checked fuse 9, which is good

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mercedes
12/1/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 4 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Hello my name is***** am going over your request now and will reply back soon with some info OR a few questions that would help me better determine how to help you. Keep in mind I have no idea of your technical ability or what you do and do not already know. So the more info you can tell me the better. I have been on the site for almost ten years and have oustanding 5 star ratings so trust that I will do everything I can to get you taken care of, Lou
Does this happen just with the car off or while the car is running/driving?
Driving
Ok thanks, ***** ***** door ajar message come on the dash ?
Actually i see my apologies
it shows up as a graphic of the car
This is happening because the rear hatch may not be adjusted correctly , or one of the door switches are broken and fell into the door jamb, have the key on and someone sit in the car with the doors closed and try and rock the car to see if you can duplicate the issue. If you can then that is what is happening . The hatch or a door switch is out of adjustment and when the car twists its chassis it sets off the lights no different then if you were to open a door .
When you open the doors look near the door catch on the body and you will see a small black switch just below it, make sure all are not broken and fell into the door jamb.
I know exactly what you are talking about but the rear hatch does not have this
Correct, its built into the latch mechanism
That is why i stated the rear hatch might need adjusted :)
either adjust the door slightly tighter or replace the latch. There is a small possibility that the wiring is bad up at the top of the door but usually its adjustment. Hope this helps . Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate my service so I may receive my credit for helping, 5 STARS is ideal. Please request me in the future! Keep in mind that when you rate it does NOT end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back, THANKS! Lou P Master Mercedes-Benz Tech Master ASE Certified
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician