Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a C300 4matic Sport. When I turn the fob nothing

I have a C300...

I have a C300 4matic Sport. When I turn the fob nothing happens at all. Everything else seems to work, that is the electronics. I put a new battery in. The ols one was reading 11.9 volts.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

I replaced the fob battery before the car battery. It was dead or low. The test light wasn't coming on.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your C300 4matic?

Oops, it's a 2010.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your C300 4matic yourself? What have you tried so far?

I changed the battery, checked the electronic ignition fuses. Banged underneath the steering column as I read somewhere the ESL may be stuck.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's about it.

11/30/2017
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Hi, my name is***** the warning lights in the dash all turn on when you turn the key on? Is the steering column locked or unlocked at the moment?

Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
All the electronics seem to operate. Unsure of what locked/ unlocked means?
Phone call session started

I will call you in just a few minutes.