Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

After installing updates, my unit does not recognize that a…

Customer Question
After installing updates, my...

After installing updates, my unit does not recognize that a after nav system update is installed.after troubleshooting , it says that the file disc is corrupted. to my knowledge, I don't have a file disc.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2014 C-250

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your C250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I downloaded the latest nav upgrade from the Becker Harman website.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

When I try to install the plug in unit, I get a message that a nav system is not installed. I also tried the reset to no avail.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mercedes
11/29/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician replied 7 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

let me review your issue . i do need a vin # of the vehicle to get the factory info

thanks

vin # WDDGF4HB3ER309903

ok

the first thing is that the map update may have errors which hampered you command unit.

there is a way to recover but the vehicle needs to go to the dealer to have the MB scan tool erase the hard drive and then you must purchase the map update from the dealer to have your nav unit work again!!

please see attachment

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

I HAVE DONE MY PART IN HELPING YOU AND I DO EXPECT THE SAME WITH A 5 STAR RATING!!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang