Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

205 plate E 320 cdi sports Turbo cuts out and limp mode when…

Customer Question
205 plate E 320 cdi...
205 plate E 320 cdi sports
Turbo cuts out and limp mode when ABS light comes on,
have put it on a star machine and it tells no problem with turbo or Engine, restart the car and ok but 5 miles later does it again, ABS light on limp mode,
Any ideas would be welcome,
Alan,
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mercedes
11/29/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Pete, Mercedes Mechanic replied 6 months ago
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Did you read out the fault codes in the ESP/BAS/ABS control unit(s) at all to see what codes are set when this light is on?If not this needs to be done.If there is a code setting in these control units this can disable the turbo depending on what the code is.That code would need to be diagnosed to then locate and repair the fault then repaired and the code cleared to resolve this issue.

In some cases, no codes will come up unless the fault is occurring so the codes need to be checked in those control units when the light is on and the vehicle is acting up.I have had to drive the vehicle with the SDS machine plugged in to monitor and check for codes when the fault occurs to then locate and repair this issue.

This may be an intermittently failing steering angle sensor or wheel speed sensor as these are most common.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete