Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I change the filter and the oil engine but still the light…

Customer Question
I change the filter...

I change the filter and the oil engine but still the light of engine show on the car sometimes!! do u know what should i do

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

And yastarday it show me that check coolant level , see operators manual and there is a sound like i am open the widows but not thats it

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Mercedes. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

No, thanks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mercedes
11/29/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: eautosales, ASE MECHANIC replied 7 months ago
eautosales
eautosales, ASE MECHANIC

/do you have a scan tool? thats a check engine light

The check engine light comes on when the on-board computer detects a fault in engine driveability or performance, transmission control system or transmission, or the emissions system, and a fault code is set and stored in the computer. Faults that can set the check engine light can range from a vaccuum leak, engine mis-fire, low engine compression, faulty sensor such as O2 sensor or other engine sensor, hydraulic pressure loss in transmission, transmission shift solenoid, open/short in wiring harness, emission evaporative system leak, or one of over a hundred different reasons.
The only way to know what set a fault code and turned the check engine light on is to have a diagnostic scanner hooked up to the on-board computer and read it for stored diagnostic fault codes. Many auto parts stores will do this service for free- (like auto zone)check with you local parts stores. If none in your area do, then you will have to take it to a shop and pay to have the computer read for stored fault codes.

Without knowing the fault codes numbers, it would be irresponsible to guess as to the cause as there are hundreds of possible causes

if you provide me a diagnostic code we can narrow down the cause of failure