Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

P0026 & P0025 is coming up... The check engine light is on…

Customer Question
P0026 & P0025 is...

P0026 & P0025 is coming up... The check engine light is on most of the time but it goes off for periods... What is happening? 2008 E350 4Matic

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

It stays on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '08 Mercedes?

E350 4matic

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just ordered a vct solenoid but haven't put it on yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I just want to make sure I'm getting the right parts

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mercedes
11/28/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: FIXITMAN, Master Technician replied 4 months ago
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician

Hello my name is***** you tell me how the vehicle is running? How many miles are on the vehicle?

Hey it's running fairly smooth. I haven't noticed any lapses in performance. It's a little over 71,000 miles on it

Thank you. In some rare cases this is caused by a bad camshaft position sensor. It may be the solenoid, but I have not seen those fail too often. It can also be caused by low engine oil. Unfortunately the most common cause of this is a failure in the balance shaft in the engine. The balance shaft fails and causes this to occur. It is a very expensive repair to have done.

I've heard... What should be my first course of action?

We usually make a wiring harness that allows us to check the sensor operation from one side of the engine to the other. You can also check to see if the camshafts are lining up by checking cam timing. Most of my customers that cannot afford to repair this type of issue do continue to drive it until it starts to affect the way that it runs such as hesitation or vibration.

Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 4 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Hello my name is***** am going over your request now and will reply back soon with some info OR a few questions that would help me better determine how to help you. Keep in mind I have no idea of your technical ability or what you do and do not already know. So the more info you can tell me the better. I have been on the site for almost ten years and have oustanding 5 star ratings so trust that I will do everything I can to get you taken care of, Lou
The previous info is far from correct, your issue with the codes are because of the failing solenoids on the front of the cylinder head covers . I will forward you the bulletin and neccessary info . Lou

the p0025 and p0026 should be for the same solenoid,

hope this helps.

I would replace all 4 solenoids since they all most likely have the same amount of times and miles on them.

again I hope this helps,

this is NOT a balance shaft issue.

no worries there,

Lou Palomino, ACTUAL mercedes master tech.

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate my service so I may be paid for my assistance.5 stars is ideal :) . Please save me as a favorite and request me in the future.Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, all it does is pay me for my help. You can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back, thanks!
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Technician
Master ASE Certified

did the documents come across for you ok?

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician