Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I'm helping a friend determine where to look for whats wrong…

Customer Question
I'm helping a friend...

I'm helping a friend determine where to look for whats wrong with the defective windows. All four windows do not work. The car is1999 Mercedes-Benz ML320. How would I go about diagnosing the problem?

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Mercedes-Benz ML320. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

That's all I can think except. Are there charges for this advice?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/28/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 7 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

Hello, first off there are charges, you set the fee when you entered the site.

if you are ok with this I will proceed to help you, looks like it might have been around the 31$ mark based on what i can tell on my end.

I think I will pass at this time.I haven't finished my research and I was testing this site to see what the scoop was.

first thing i would ask is , was anything spilled near the window switch assembly? under the wood trim the switches are all part of one big motherboard.

ok, well, i have been a mercedes master dealer tech for 16 years.

if you need or want help I am your guy.

i would ask that you stay away from forums as they cause so much confusion.

but its your choice. best of luck.

Lou

Thank you very much Lou. I can understand about the forums. I just found the car was in a accident of some sort, so I'm laughing at this. So I need to look at drivers door where it sorta looks open. Sorry for the premature question. I will be back
How would I get back to you after I subscribe to your service

ok so you dont have to subscribe, you can ask on a as needed basis, if you did a lot of repairs then a subscription would be beneficial.

best bet is to save the link now so you can return here, but if you entered your email in correctly you should also be getting emails of our responses.

all the fuses and relays for the windows are in the drivers side engine bay fuse box, the diagram is on the lid,. i would say start there.

if you end up needing more precise advice let me know and I can get as detailed as needed.

Lou