Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2004 sl 500 left door window jammed starts down will not…

Customer Question
My 2004 sl 500...

My 2004 sl 500 left door window jammed starts down will not go all the way down and will not come up moves about 2in each direction

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

New battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your SL yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes have not tried as of yet

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mercedes
11/28/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Pete, Mercedes Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Try this and see if it works and let me know.With the key on and door closed press the window up button on the first click/detent and hold it there for about 5 seconds then press down and hold it for about 5 seconds and see if this relearns the window to work properly.If this does not work come back here and let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete