Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a problem on my atego 1823 it doesnt have throttle…

Customer Question
I have a problem...

I have a problem on my atego 1823 it doesnt have throttle respons and instantly afyer startup goes to 1200rpm

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2000 atego 1823

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Everything

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mercedes
11/27/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Pete, Mercedes Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Is or has the check engine light come on with this issue here at all?

Let me know so we can continue, thanks, Pete.

no the engine light has not come on. only the fr and ins that comes on red

Have you had fault codes checked/read out at all?

the display are broken so i can not see the fault codes properly.

O.k., the first thing that needs to be done here is to have a fully compatible scan tool plugged into your model's data port to read out what codes are set.This has to be done with a scan tool or computer plugged into your model that can read all computers to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set then need to be diagnosed to then locate and repair this issue.

This sounds like a fault with either a throttle position sensor or accelerator pedal sensor sending a false or no signal at all as this can cause the issues you see here.The codes do need to be read out though to help locate which component is causing this issue needing replaced.In some cases, the entire throttle body would need to be replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

The diagnostic tool doesnt want to connect with the truck.
they had removed the starter for repairs and after that the truck didnt want to start.
i found 2 broken cround wires that goes to the contole unit on the side of the engine.and after i repaird that the truck started but after 3 seconds the rpm goes up to 1200. but from startup you do not have any respons on the throttle padal.

When you say the diagnostic tool doesn't want to connect, is this a tool that should connect or has connected in the past but isn't connecting now anymore?

Let me know, thanks Pete

the tool doesnt connect at all

Like plug in connect or that it plugs in but doesnt communicate with the engine computer?

it plug in everything but it does not communicate with the computers

O.k.. and do you know if this was able to communicate in the past with any computers in your vehicle?

no i am not sure as this are the first time that i am working on this vehicle

O.k., if there is any way you can obtain a different scan tool that is known to be able to communicate with this model to see if you do have communications this would help.There are some scan tools/computers out there that are unable to communicate with certain vehicles and this can be why you're unable to communicate with it.

But there is also where the scan tool/computer will not communicate due to a component of the data line shorted out.For instance, the engine computer in your vehicle here may be shorted internally causing the no communication with it as well as with other control units/ecus.

There is a good chance with what is occurring here that the scan tool you have is one that can communicate with the vehicle but is not due to an internal fault in the engine computer needs replaced.I have seen the engine computer fail before causing this type of fault here needing replaced.It can fail suddenly and causes this issue.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete