Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 1911 E550 4matic the multi-function Dynamic

Customer Question
I have a 1911...

I have a 1911 E550 4matic the multi-function Dynamic multi-contour seat controller that sits on the on the right side of the driver's seat works for about 2 minutes when the car is turned on and then quits. The lights stay on on the controller itself, but all functions stop.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The lights are LEDs on the controller itself. The only thing I can imagine would be the failure of a circuit breaker because it functions again for a couple of minutes whenever I turn the car off for a period of time and then back on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

It is a 2011, E550 4matic. I purchased it in September of 2010

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm calling you because I want to know what I'm up against. I don't want a mechanic learning on my dime. Is there a circuit breaker in this unit?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I think that's it.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mercedes
11/27/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Pete, Mercedes Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Just so I am looking at the correct info on this question here, is this the seat control switch itself or a different controller you are speaking of?

Let me know so we can continue, thanks, Pete.

It is the multi-contour seat control that sits on the right hand side of the driver's seat. It has nothing to do with the actual seat controls for up down forward back.
I am not pleased. I'm sure you are a nice guy but you don't have a clue what I'm talking about.

I just wanted to make sure I was looking at the correct issue here.But let me open this up for someone else to help as I want you to be pleased on this.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete