Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My key won't turn and the shifter is stuck in the cs

Customer Question
My key won't turn...

My key won't turn and the shifter is stuck in the cs position

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

Yes the steering wheel turns and the keys aren't damaged

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2006 CLS 500

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just the obvious , moving the steering wheel while trying to turn the key . Jiggling the shifter . Nothing major though

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nope , thanks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mercedes
11/27/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: FIXITMAN, Master Technician replied 7 months ago
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician

Hello my name is***** you tell me if the key will come out of the ignition?

If the shifter will not move and if the key will not turn then this may be an issue with the shifter itself. I have seen the shifter fail and do this. If the system does not detect the right position of the shifter then it will keep the vehicle from starting. It can also be an issue within the key lock. Have you tried another key?