Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Airmatic light not coming on when trying push button. The…

Customer Question
Airmatic light not coming...

Airmatic light not coming on when trying push button

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The push button to raise car

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

12 gl450

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I replace valve block check pump no light may go back and check all fuses dont which one for pump or light

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/26/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Pete, Mercedes Mechanic replied 4 months ago
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Have you had the airmatic fault codes checked with a compatible scan tool that can read the airmatic computer?

Let me know, thanks, Pete.

No I have used my personal scan tool nothing showing
my windows want go up or down after I replace battery they work when I do with key fob

O.k., the first thing that needs to be done here is to have the fault codes read out/checked using a fully compatible scan tool that will plug in and can read all computers in your vehicle.With the air matic system acting up there will be at least one code set for this issue here needing diagnosed.It is most likely that your personal scan tool isn't reading the airmatic computer as not all scan tools are able to do this, unfortunately.A scan tool is needed that can read the fault codes to diagnose and repair this issue here.

You may have already repaired the fault and codes may just need to be cleared out with a compatible scan tool to allow these components to operate properly again.In some cases, this has to be done just to allow the components to start to operate again.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

What do think about the windows not working changed swithes nothing only work with key fob

I apologize for the delay.

Try and see if they work holding the button up on the first detent ( if equipped as some of these switches have two detents when held in the up position) for about 2 seconds each or down 2 seconds each to see if they work then.

If this does not work you will need to have the fault codes read out of all computers to see what codes are set and then those codes diagnosed and repaired.

Since the switch replacement did not work this may be due to an internal fault in a body ecu like a SAM at fault needing replaced.This would have to be diagnosed further to locate and repair this issue here.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Pete, Mercedes Mechanic